We are located at 124 Church Street. Just enter McVeigh’s Irish Pub and head to the 3rd floor.
We’re on the southwest corner of Church St. and Richmond St., and about a 5-minute walk from Eaton’s Centre.
114 Church Street (Church and Richmond)
Click here for map
Monday to Friday:
$7.00 / 1 Hour
$7.00 / Evenings (4PM to 8AM)
Saturday/Sunday and Holidays:
$7.00 / Weekend Flat Rate (5AM to 6PM)
$7.00 / Evening Flat Rate (4PM to 8AM)
Check out our booking page for all of our pricing details.
Booking is very easy! Bookings can be completed by walk-in or by phone, but we highly recommend you book online to guarantee your timing.
Follow these steps to book online!
- Pick your preferred time slot on our simple booking system.
- Tell us the number of people attending under Participants.
- Ensure each person attending has signed the Waiver (participants under 18 years of age must have their waiver signed by a parent or guardian online or onsite at Levelup Reality before their VR session.
Please note that full payment is required in advance for all VR sessions. All prices listed are in Canadian (CAD) dollars and exclude HST.
For all online and walk-in bookings, we accept Visa and Visa Debit, Mastercard, Discover, American Express, Maestro, JCB, Visa Electron, Laser, and Dankort.
We highly recommend that you book online to guarantee your time slot! We also have exclusive offers and discounts for guests who book online.
If you’re the area, you can also just drop in to complete your booking. We have computers and VR specialists onsite that can assist you if you were not able to book online, brought an extra person, or need to sign waivers for you or your child.
Please note that we have a cashless operation and that online bookings require 100% deposit.
We recommend that you arrive at least fifteen (15) minutes in advance of your booking especially if it’s your first visit. This will give you time to review the setup process and even watch other customers in action!
Yes! Please sign our waiver prior to arrival to save time. After booking online, we will send you a link to our waiver form. You can also get it from our website by clicking this link https://levelupreality.ca/waivers/.
Please note that players under 18 years old will need a parent or guardian to sign the waivers.
No problem! You can cancel your booking anytime! Just send an email to [email protected]
For Standard Bookings, if you cancel or reschedule:
- at least 48 hours in advance: you will receive a full refund for your booking or any player adjustments.
- 24-48 hours in advance: you will receive a full account credit for your booking or any player adjustments.
- within 24 hours: you can reschedule your booking for a $5 rescheduling fee per participant or receive an account credit back less $5+HST per participant.
For Event Bookings, if you cancel or reschedule:
- 30 days or more prior to the event date, 95% of the paid amount will be refunded
- 15 to 29 days prior to the event date, an account credit for 90%, or a refund of 75% of the paid amount will be issued
- Within 14 days of the event date, an account credit for 80%, or a refund of 50% of the paid amount will be issued
To ensure the best VR experience, we ask that our guests adhere to the following rules:
- Players must at least be 8 years old.
- Players must read and sign the waiver. A parent or guardian signature is required for players under the age of 18.
- Players must use socks within the VR station.
- Players must stay inside the VR boundaries at all times.
- VR stations are non-shareable. Only one player is allowed per VR station.
If your prescription is less than -3.00 and you can see more than 3 inches away very clearly, you don’t have to wear glasses while playing in virtual reality. If your prescription is more than -3.00 and you can’t see very clearly without glasses, you should wear contacts.
However, if you can’t do either, we can try to fit your glasses into the headset and make the experience as comfortable as possible. If you have large framed glasses (height of more than 2 inches and wider than 6 inches), then you’ll need contacts.
Lastly, the HTC Vive head-mounted display (HMD) features slots to allow the average pair of eyewear to fit inside while using the system. The Vive also features adjustment knobs to configure the focus for each eye independently, and a separate adjustment knob to match the screen separation to that of your eyes.
We have 10 stations at our location and have some games that support up to ten players!
Each player will have his or her own VR station. If you want to play as a group, just book the number of “participants” you need based on how many players there will be!
Absolutely! We have multi-player games and experiences that allow you to see and hear your friends in the same virtual worlds! You can also communicate with them through the built-in voice communications system.
We have the largest content library in all of Toronto! We offer over 80 games and experiences to choose from! You’re free to change and try different games so you can jump in and out to find the best VR experience for you!
Here are the game genres we may carry at our facility:
- Multiplayer – Players interact with other players in the virtual game room and you can play against people from all over the world
- Simulations – Take control of real-world vehicles, including tanks, ships, and aircraft
- Adventure – Understand what your mission is and try to complete it
- Real-Time Strategy – Build up your inventory of items, armies, etc.
- Puzzle – Play through challenging puzzles, from beginner to expert
- Action – Use a character of your choice to jump into the action and fight with enemies
- Stealth Shooter – Use stealth to defeat your enemies
- Combat – Fight one on one with opponents, up close and personal
- First Person Shooters – You are the protagonist and the game is viewed through your eyes
- Sports – Work your way up through the various skill levels
- Role-Playing – You get to act out the part of the main character and make decisions that go along with the games’ storyline
- Educational – Train in a variety of subjects using games to make learning fun
Yes! Players with in-ear headphones may have a better experience with less weight on their head as well as more ear breathability.
We provide a 1′ x 1′ storage locker within each VR station to store small accessories at no additional cost. We recommend players only bring essentials as space for larger items such as backpacks and suitcases is limited.
While Virtual Reality is such an immersive and stimulating experience, we do have some policies about players’ age.
Players must be at least 8 years of age. All of our guests under the age of 12 must be accompanied and supervised by an adult. Any guest under the age of 18 must have an age of majority guardian who will need to sign a waiver on their behalf.
There are no height requirements. However, players at least four (4) feet or taller will have a better VR experience. On the flip side, any player who is seven (7) feet or taller may also experience a less-optimal VR experience.
This is highly unlikely. HTC has an incredible Chaperone System which allows you to have a very good sense of where you are located in real space while playing the VR content. When you approach any walls, other people, or chairs in the VR station, the Chaperone System will project a red hologram inside the game.
The optimal VR experience requires users to move their head and neck, and have use of at least one hand to interact with the environment. At Levelup Reality, we can accommodate most skill, mobility, and cognitive levels for a range of guests.
Be sure to consult your doctor before visiting Levelup Reality if you have pre-existing medical conditions that affect your ability to safely perform physical activities which include but are not limited to psychiatric conditions such as anxiety disorders or post-traumatic stress disorder, heart ailments, or pregnancy.
You should avoid visiting Levelup Reality if you are sick, fatigued, under the influence of intoxicants or drugs, or are not feeling generally well as it may exacerbate your condition.
As with any motion-related entertainment, some people may be susceptible to unexpected side-effects during the VR session.
Should you feel uneasy at any point, we ask that you stop the VR session and inform a Levelup Reality staff member promptly.
Easy! Just click this link and follow the instructions.
You can cancel your membership by logging into the member portal. You can also send a cancellation request [email protected]
Please note that the cancellation is effective immediately and that any membership perks end on the same cancellation date. Additionally, all accumulated 1-hour credits on the account become forfeit on cancellation date (for all enrolled memberships after August 1st, 2018).
Also, please note that all membership fees are non-refundable upon cancellation.
For multi-person memberships such as “Levelup Membership x4”, all members should be related or are from the same family.
For our games and experiences, most content does require the use of at least one arm/wrist/hand in order to make selections, but we do have games with low sensory output, and that require little instructions.
The most required visually is vision in one eye.
Please note that our facility is located on the third floor and that the building is not wheelchair accessible.
Otherwise, even those who are not playing VR can still join their group in our space and have fun experiencing the live action!
We are able to accommodate service animals. Other than that, our facility (as well as the building we are located in) does not allow pets on site.
The video footage shows both the player inside the VR station and the TV with their VR activity.
The video is provided in its original format without video editing. Since the VR facility is shared, there may be environmental sounds from VR attendants and other players.
You’ll receive three back-to-back 15-minute video clips for each player within 48 to 72 hours after your session.
Yes! You can join our amazing membership program for just $10 a month! This gives you exclusive access to discounted credit packages. You also get a 10% discount when you complete a booking for non-member family and friends!
Our exclusive member discount packages are:
- $49 for 2 Credits ($24.50/hour)
- $99 for 4 Credits + 1 FREE ($19.80/hour)
Please note that these credits expire once you cancel your membership. Your membership credits are non-shareable.